Fill Out Our Form
Staff-Assisted Home Hemodialysis LVN or RN
Locations: Dallas, Corsicana, and Houston
Job Type: Full/Part Time
Requirements: A minimum of 18 months Hemodialysis Experience within the last 24 months is a MUST.
Under the direction and supervision of the Administrator and Director of Nurses, and participates as a member of the management team to ensure safe effective Hemodialysis and Home Assisted Dialysis. Plans and coordinates renal care to patients in their home environment. Participates as needed for interdisciplinary team processes and functions.
The statements below describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not intended to be a complete list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be delegated as required, by the Director of Nurses or Registered Nurse.
- Provides sound, skilled knowledge through planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and patient care. Clinical functions of Hemodialysis personnel to meet program objectives.
- Utilizes principles of continuous quality improvement in all work situations to assess, measure improve organizational and departmental functions.
- Maintain safe independent clinical care of patient in individual home environment.
- Develops, implements and monitors patient care plans to provide for all renal care, including home Hemodialysis. Maintains patient supplies as required.
- Reports observations and patient status/progress to attending physicians and to organization management, as appropriate. Monitors patient medications and adjusts dosages according to physician instructions. Documents patient response to treatment and observations of caregivers
- Ensures proper safety and infection control procedures are followed and maintains a safe work environment in compliance with all-regulatory guidelines and statutes.
- Compiles, prepares, distributes and monitors reports, and monitors patient home inventory as required.
- Promotes patient education through utilization of appropriate learning resources, coaching, feedback and reinforcement; monitors and coordinates state training requirements and documents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to support the clinical operational demands as may be specified by immediate circumstances.